Friday, January 06, 2006

1/06

Framji is shaming me with her poetry.

No words of importance or social significance, just a brief congratulations for myself.

I was named Employee of the Month today, which entitles me to the close parking spot and eight hours of vacation (which I can't use for another three months. I had to take two days of unpaid leave for my last vacation because I wasn't out of my six month probation period).

Yes, being named EOM doesn't make up for the extremely expensive health insurance that comes with a non-profit job, the small salary, long hours, or general abuse.....but it's nice and I'm leaving for the weekend feeling proud and thinking about where to go out for dinner.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Woohoo, congratulations! (pats on the back)

ss said...

Congratulations, B. It's such an honor to be recognized for the GOOD, important work you do. You're clearly a valued member of the org. I'll proudly sport a "my friend is employee of the month" bumper sticker on my car ;)