Thursday, March 03, 2005

3/03

I don't usually post twice in the same day, but I thought I should explain why I have hidden some of the comments and made changes to my template. I would say that it is all because of this woman Her blog, "The Sarcastic Journalist," is one of the funniest things I've ever read. She believed that her blog was protected under Freedom of Speech. Well, unfortunately, her employers didn't feel that way and fired her for "bad mouthing the company." She thought that she was letting off steam. They thought that she was a detriment to public relations. Guess who won? Yup, they fired her at 28 weeks pregnant.

This is a cautionary tale for bloggers, including myself. Since I would like to keep my job and enjoy the thought of possibly being hired in the future, I changed the blog a little to make it more annonymous. Sure, I'm paranoid. I'll admit it, but I bet the Delta flight attendant that was just fired for posting pictures of a Delta airplane thought that no one read her blog either.

No comments: