Thursday, March 10, 2005

3/10

Me to Head Boss as I walked in the office door: "Dude, I, like, totally woke up late this morning. I was going to call, but I didn't think you would be here."

Me: kicking myself in the ass for actually saying that aloud. Watch head boss raise his eyebrows.

Head Boss: "I was getting worried about you. I almost called the temporary agency."

Me: "Whoa, dude, that would have been, like, totally unnecessary. I'm here. I'll call next time."

Head Boss: "*grumble, grumble* OK"

I'm in the headachy, no-shower fog that accompanies a late morning. My hair is greasy, the baby doesn't like that I stopped for McDonalds on the way in to work, and I feel like I couldn't think a coherent thought if someone paid me. Wait, someone is paying me. Crap. If this is the start of the day, I don't want to see the end.

No comments: