Thursday, November 17, 2005

11/17


I've been home sick for the past two days. When I say "home sick" that really means that I've been doing things for work, just not at work. I was called twice, both times when I was soundly asleep, by 10:45am. I finally had to get up.

Zac went to daycare, which leaves me in the house without him. This is a fairly rare occurence. Usually when I'm without Zac, I'm either at work or out with my Mom or friend and Grandpa is babysitting. Sometimes Grandma babysits and Dad and I will go out ( I just cannot write "Dad and me" - I'm sorry, but right here and right now, I'm rewriting English grammar). I can only think of one other time, not-so-coincendentally when I was sick, that I was in the house when Zac wasn't. It's a strange feeling. A little like going back in time: remembering what it was like before I had a child and I could wander aimlessly around a house and shower at random.

Of course I lead a different life than I did, pre-baby. Now I'm concerned with antibacterial soap and carpet cleaner. My Mom had sprayed carpet cleaner on (what else?) the carpet and then put Zac down on his stomach to play. When I went to retrieve the babe, he was wet and licking his lips. I blamed my Mom that she had put him down in a pool of chemical sewage that would have him quickly turning into something like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. To say that I overreacted would be to put it mildly. It turns out that he had drooled on the carpet and then rolled in it (hey - who hasn't done that at one point or another?)

As I was wandering around the house this morning, I began to realize how dirty it was. I mean, really dirty and I began to think that Zac deserves better than that. I cleaned until I couldn't clean anymore because my nose feels like it might fall off and my lungs hurt from breathing. Time to go lay down.

To answer R's question though, the little man can sit up by himself with some help, usually in the form of the Bumbo or from me. On November 11th he slept all the way through the night on his own, for the first time. He can roll from stomach to back and when really motivated, from back to stomach. He is started to sprout teeth, but none of them have broken the surface of his gums yet. He's thinking about crawling, but can't get his stomach off the floor and smiles at everyone and everything that will smile back at him. He can also make enough noise to keep himself awake before bedtime. He can also do this:

but only when he wants to.

My little man is growing up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B-
You're not rewriting any grammar. "Dad and I" is correct, even though you used the clause "Sometimes Grandma babysits and" before it.

:) not like it matters

Saving the world, one prepositional phrase at a time,
-P