Monday, February 28, 2005

2/28

Even uber-Moms must rest sometime. I took Sunday off from blogging and tried to finish up some of the projects around the house. The baby's refinished dresser is almost completed, but the nursery is no where near being done. I'm painting the nursery a bright yellow, which matches some of the early baby clothes that were given to me around Christmas time. It should be a cheerful room with a relaxing vibe. At least, that's what I'm going for.

On the job front, I have a second interview with a community development non-profit this week. I'm looking forward to working out some of the details of the job and seeing if I would work well with them. Well, that sounds a little too professional. In truth, I really want this to work out and I'm nervous about going back for a second interview even more pregnant than I was in the first interview. Interviewing pregnant is like trying to date pregnant.....sure, people do it, but it isn't the best situation for anyone involved. All the non-discrimination laws in the world can't prove to me that an employer doesn't look across the desk and see a pregnant woman looking for a job. Fortuanely, this non-profit seems to need me as much as I need substative work, so it might work out. Let's just hope that I can still fit into that non-maternity business suit...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.